Terms & Conditions
Kells Weight Loss Clinic – Terms & Conditions
- To participate in our weight loss service, you need to be at least 5lb above the minimum weight for your height on our healthy weight range.
- If your weight drops below BMI 20 your coach may advise you to stop following the programme for the time being and consult your doctor.
- If you’re between 13 and 18 years of age, we’ll ask you for written approval from your doctor, who must assign you a temporary weight target. Your parent or guardian must also give written approval and attend each workshop with you.
- If you are pregnant, under the age of 13 or have an active diagnosis of bulimia nervosa or anorexia we can’t take you at this time. If you become pregnant, you can return once your baby is 6 weeks old. Our coaches aren’t qualified to give you advice about diet and weight during pregnancy.
- At registration, clients must sign the Slenderlink Consent Form. You’ll also be asked health-related questions to inform the most appropriate weight loss advice and support.
- Kells Weight Loss Clinic prohibits subscription to our online products and offerings by individuals under age 18 years.
- If you are being treated for a medical condition, taking prescription medication, or following a therapeutic diet to treat a disease, it’s especially important to consult your health care provider before commencing your weight loss plan.
- The Slenderlink weight loss programme is designed for a safe rate of weight loss – up to two pounds per week (after the first three weeks). If you lose at a greater rate, you must review the plan guidelines and adapt them, if necessary, to avoid rapid weight loss. Not following the progamme as designed may pose the risk of developing health complications associated with rapid weight loss.
- We recommend that you monitor your weight once per week. If your weight falls below guidelines for a healthy weight, you must review the programme guidelines and adapt them to maintain a healthy weight. Not following the programme as designed may pose the risk of developing health complications associated with low body weight.
- Payment for the Slenderlink 4-week programme is up-front when you are making your booking.
- The Coach reserves the right, at his or her absolute discretion and without giving reasons, to withdraw and/or vary without notice, personnel, services, and fees.
- These rules apply in the Republic of Ireland.
Kells Weight Loss Clinic isn’t a medical organisation and we can’t give you medical advice. We strongly urge you to consult with your primary health care provider (e.g., physician or nurse practitioner) before starting any plan that could result in weight loss.
We encourage you to maintain your weight within the healthy weight guidelines endorsed by the World Health Organisation, equivalent to a Body Mass Index (BMI) between 18.5-25.0. However, we recognise that BMI is an imperfect measure of an individual’s health and that other factors may be a more robust predictor of certain health outcomes. Weight loss is not advised for people with BMI below the healthy range.
We also urge you to get periodic medical check-ups. Weight loss can create physical changes that should be medically monitored. Medical monitoring is especially important for people with a known medical condition.
The Slenderlink Programme encourages a healthier pattern of eating and the development of healthy lifestyle habits, however it is not intended to treat any illness or disease.
By clicking “Accept”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies.